Low Carb Waffles
Confession time, our household is addicted to waffles, all 4 of us. 🙂 Our favorite weekend breakfasts normally include some type of waffle or pancake, mostly the low carb or paleo variety. Thankfully it’s super easy to make a gluten free or paleo option. This recipe is inspired by Danielle Walker at Against All Grain and her Grain-Free Waffle Recipe. We used to make hers a lot, but honey and my stomach don’t always get along and I tried to figure out a way to make them less sweet, but not taste a ton like eggs.
Last weekend Dustin was busy with WordCamp Dayton and we had a friend staying with us, Adam Silver of Kitchen Sink WP, who attended the conference. He tells me he has cashews in hand, waiting on me to post the recipe, thanks Adam for your help with the photography!
Low-Carb Waffles (Grain Free)
- 4 Cups Raw Cashews This is a full bag at Trader Joes!
- 1 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar Distilled would work too
- 5-6 Eggs 5 makes them a little softer but more fragile
- 3 TBS Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 3 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder I used Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel (stevia and monk fruit sweetened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 6 TBS Coconut Oil liquified
- 1 Cup Almond Milk unsweetened
- Thrive Market has the best deal on the Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel. You seriously will not regret trying it. It's the best low carb protein powder I've come across. I love that it's easy to digest great for the gut. I feel super comfortable with my kids having collagen as well. Use my link to try out Thrive Market and make this waffles soon!
- Since the protein powder I used has a bit of fiber in it, depending on the type you have, you may have to adjust the liquid or coconut flour slightly.