Happy Labor Day! Did you know Labor Day was founded by Senator James Kyle who was from Cedarville, Ohio? #Randomfact of your weekend! But because of that the village celebrates with Cedarfest every year. So many other fun festivals will be happening in our area in the next few weeks as well. We are super bummed we are going to miss the weekend with the annual Greek festival and Popcorn festival!
At this point school is full swing for families across the country. Our daughter is back to her Spanish Immersion preschool which she loves. I can’t believe how well she understands Spanish from being there the last 2 years. She is starting to speak more as well. This smoothie recipe is inspired by me trying to find a way for me and my kids to get another dose of veggies in the day. I don’t necessarily think it’s a great idea to “hide” veggies, but you know as parents we do what we have to do when they start getting picky! But my kids watch me make it and I tell them everything I’m putting in. Now when they are playing kitchen they even bring us cups with lettuce in them saying it’s our smoothies!
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Cup Frozen Riced Cauliflower Lots of stores have this in the freezer section now including Trader Joes, CostCo, and Whole Foods.
- 1/2 Cup Steamed Greens Today I used kale because we had it from our CSA box.
- 2 Cups Frozen Berries Mine was a mix of organic Strawberries, Blackberries, and Blueberries from Costco
- 2 Cups Vanilla Almond Milk- Unsweet Any liquid would work!
- 2 Scoops Collagen Peptides Vital Proteins!
- The directions are pretty easy, just throw it in a blender and press go! I had to remove the lid and stir a few times. You can always add more liquid if needed!
- You can use fresh greens, but steamed unlocks the nutrients better!
- You can steam your greens, let them dry, and then store them in the freezer for your next smoothie! Or just save in the fridge for the next few days.
- Any protein powder would be fine, I prefer the simple collagen peptides for the kiddos, great for supporting gut health, You can find them at www.PharmToTable.Life/VitalProteins
- For a chocolate or vanilla kick, add Primal Kitchen's Collagen Fuel. The best deal on this is on Thrive Market. My husband loves the chocolate and I love the Vanilla. Bonus if you get the Vanilla, you can then also make my low-carb waffles.