I’m working through the first course of the Institute of Functional Medicine. Yesterday’s lecturer mentioned using green tea to blend her smoothies for help with reducing excess estrogen. So I thought why not try it! Many of you wanted the recipe so I typed it up for you. Note that smoothies are generally very forgiving and I don’t always measure exactly so don’t worry about being precise!
Strawberry Green Tea Smoothie
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder I used Strawberry LifeShake from Shaklee. Vanilla would work well too! Or even a flavorless collagen protein.
- 1/2-1 cup Frozen Strawberries Depending on how sweet you would like it.
- 2 cups Brewed organic green tea (this is what my coffee mugs hold!)
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado makes it creamy and healthy fat!
- 1 Scoop Greens powder or spinach Makes it extra nutritious!
- 1 cup ice