I can’t believe we are almost half-way through February already. It’s been a rough few weeks in our house with germs, and we are getting stir-crazy staying at home trying to avoid more germs! I also start teaching my endocrine module in one week, and despite having taught this course 3 previous times, I’m a little behind on updates. Since I teach diabetes, and there are constantly new studies being reported, new drugs, and new guidelines, it makes for a good time updating it. Sometimes I get jealous of history or math professors that don’t have to update their content much. Despite the crazy time, we did have time to mix up some yummy and healthy treats. Both of these snacks are 3 year old approved!
I’m also excited to make some Valentine’s Day cards with our daughter. She loves anything she can paint, draw, or add sparkles too. 🙂 I hope you enjoy the holiday even though it is a “commercial” or “Hallmark” holiday, and sometimes “love” seems out of reach or you may have been hurt by someone that once loved you…remember you are loved by an amazing Father. If you want to learn more about His amazing, steadfast, never ceasing love, let’s grab a cup of coffee with these jam cups even if it’s a “virtual” date. Praying that the Lord is in your midst as you love on your family, friends, neighbors, and city this month…”The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” Zephaniah 3:17
Low Carb Peanut Butter & Jam Cups
- I used this fun festive mold.
- My favorite Monk Fruit source is Jillians Bakery because it is pure monk and doesn't have any other fillers. It's a tad expensive but last such a long time because only such a little amount is needed.
- This type of liquid stevia is a good choice from Thrive Market.
- Inspired by All Day I Dream About Food.
Cookie Dough Bites
- I used this protein powder. It has stevia which makes these a touch sweet, feel free to add other stevia or monk fruit if your protein source isn't sweetened.
- I used these Cacao Nibs. Chocolate chips would be yummy too but obviously not quite as healthy. 🙂
- These were inspired by this recipe from the Paleo Running Momma.